RyanVM.net Discussion Board Forum Index RyanVM.net Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5eraph's post-SP2 Update Pack v2014-07_2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RyanVM.net Discussion Board Forum Index -> Community Update Packs -> Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
own3mall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a couple of strange issues ever since I integrated the December Update pack into my XP x64. Didn't experience this when using older update packs, and my hardware hasn't changed much. Everything appeared normal in RVM log, and it works fine after my issue which you can read about below.

Check out the issue here:

http://www.overclock.net/operating-systems/907864-fresh-install-windows-xp-x64-sp2.html#post11907765

Any updates in the Dec or Nov pack that may cause something as weird as this? I'm not sure what it is, so I'm just trying to find out anywhere I can.
5eraph

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

own3mall wrote:
I'm having a couple of strange issues ever since I integrated the December Update pack into my XP x64. Didn't experience this when using older update packs, and my hardware hasn't changed much. Everything appeared normal in RVM log, and it works fine after my issue which you can read about below.

http://www.overclock.net/operating-systems/907864-fresh-install-windows-xp-x64-sp2.html#post11907765

Any updates in the Dec or Nov pack that may cause something as weird as this? I'm not sure what it is, so I'm just trying to find out anywhere I can.

Which pack were you using prior to the December pack? Given that information, I can double check my work and tell you exactly what has changed—though I do try to make the changelog as thorough as possible.
5eraph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 2011-01_1. Please read the Changelog for full details.
Keefa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the year's first pack, 5eraph! It'll go to use just like the previous ones. Wink
mark strelecki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks again from your friend in Atlanta and my Acer laptop that's returned from WIN7 to XP64 and working great! You are the best.
record

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,all ! Thank's for job,5eraph !
But I have problem with integration update pack. I can't install driver nvidia after installation windows and receive message:
"nvidia control panel could not be installed which may affect driver functionality. the most recent driver that worked will now be restored".Tried following drivers - 197.13_desktop_winxp_64bit_english_whql, 266.58_desktop_winxp_64bit_english_whql.
Checked december and january pack(separately, of course).Used кecommended RVM integrator.Thus all properly with standard windows xpsp2 x64 without updatings. May be this problem was debated and solved,but I ask to help, because my English is not so good to be guided at a forum.
Thks.
5eraph

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a common error message. I wish it were more specific. The only solution I can currently find that might work in this case is to download the package, extract it, and install it manually.

I have an ATI card, so I'm afraid I can't test the solution here.
Passion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's really sad that the XP64 drivers NVidia supplies aren't integrating as they should. I too had to do a lot of extra work because of that, and I've put installation with the image on hold.

See also:
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=findpost&pid=950190
5eraph

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 2011-02_1. Please read the Changelog for full details.
Keefa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, 5eraph!
5eraph

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Keefa. Smile

I think I may have finally found the cause of oao's issue with KB901105. The relevant bits are quoted below.

oao wrote:
KB901105 was the hotfix for high definition audio. Do you know if it is included in your pack, or if it was made obsolete by SP2?
5eraph wrote:
According to Microsoft's list, it's included in SP2. The version available for download at KB901105 only contains an SP1QFE branch, which seems to confirm this.
oao wrote:
Looks like WU does not refer to the UAA as KB901105.
5eraph wrote:
I do not have High Definition Audio hardware. And, to the best of my knowledge, VMware cannot simulate it. The correct SP2 version of the affected file (HDAudBus.sys v5.10.1.5013) exists in the nLited source with its references in DOSNet.inf and TxtSetup.sif intact. If a newer version exists on the Microsoft Update website, I do not have access to it.
oao wrote:
when I next slipstreamed I tried to add this hotfix to nLite, but when it's turn came, nLite claimed it was not for the xp64 version I was slipstreaming.
TranceEnergy wrote:
The reason WU lists it, is because it just isnt detected properly. Even after i install Realtek HD audio codec, its still listed.

I was forced to replace my motherboard some months ago due to a hardware failure, but I had to go with a different make and model since what I had previously wasn't available locally. This new motherboard does have an HD audio chip and I can now reproduce the issue.

TranceEnergy is correct. The problem is that, while KB901105 updates the SYS file, it does not update the associated INF file with the correct version number. The Microsoft Update website checks the INF, not the SYS, and offers the unnecessary high priority update.

SP2 file versions: HDAudBus.???
    INF - 5.2.3790.1830
    SYS - 5.10.1.5013
KB901105-v3 file versions: HDAudBus.???
    INF - Not included in update package.
    SYS - 5.10.1.5013
MU file versions: HDAudBus.???
    INF - 5.10.00.5010
    SYS - 5.10.1.5013
The functional differences between the SP2 and MU INFs are highlighted in color below—red for SP2, green for MU.

Code:
 [Version]
 Signature = "$Windows NT$"
 Class = System
 ClassGuid = {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
 Provider = Microsoft
-LayoutFile=layout.inf
-DriverVer=10/01/2002,5.2.3790.1830

+Catalogfile=hdaudbus.cat
+DriverVer=03/05/2004,5.10.00.5010

[DestinationDirs]
 DefaultDestDir = 12 ; windows\system32\drivers

+[SourceDisksNames]
+222 = %DiskId1%,"",222
+
+[SourceDisksFiles]
+hdaudbus.sys = 222
+

;*****************************************
 ; HDAudio Install Section
 ;*****************************************

[Manufacturer]
 Microsoft = Microsoft,NTamd64

[ControlFlags]
-ExcludeFromSelect = *
+ExcludeFromSelect = PCI\CC_0403
+ExcludeFromSelect = PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2668

To correct the issue it was necessary to include the updated INF and its CAT to the update pack. Due to the INF being protected by Authenticode it was not possible to simply edit the version information within the file. Of course the other changes in the new INF also require that the SYS file be extracted to "%SystemRoot%\Driver Cache" so it can be found when needed. To do this, changes to TxtSetup.sif were necessary (which happen to expose a problem with [txtsetup_dirs] in RVMi 1.6 that I found a way to sidestep).

I spent a few days testing on real hardware. Hopefully this is the last we see of this particular problem. Smile

Last edited by 5eraph on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:11 am
spawn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
5eraph

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, spawn. Smile

Updated to 2011-02_2. Please read the Changelog for full details.
zzzz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, 5eraph!

I'm still missing a way to update mass storage drivers on a XP x64 source, does anyone have any news on this? something like driverpacks would be great! Smile
mark strelecki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nLite will slipstream drivers in an XP64 source.

http://www.nliteos.com

MARK STRELECKI
Atlanta, GA. USA
zzzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but does exist a mass storage drivers pack for XP x64?
own3mall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5eraph wrote:
own3mall wrote:

Which pack were you using prior to the December pack? Given that information, I can double check my work and tell you exactly what has changed—though I do try to make the changelog as thorough as possible.

I never got back to you, but the problem wasn't caused by your update pack. It was Nvidia's HDMI Audio Driver.
5eraph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to hear, own3mall. Smile
5eraph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 2011-03_1. Please read the Changelog for full details.
Keefa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much appreciated, 5eraph!
Passion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still going strong using your packs. Heroic work you're doing for those who don't feel like 'upgrading' to Windows 7 (or waste diskspace). Thanks!
5eraph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Smile I'm still using it as my main OS, so I'll keep churning out the packs for as long as I'm able.

zzzz wrote:
I'm still missing a way to update mass storage drivers on a XP x64 source, does anyone have any news on this? something like driverpacks would be great! Smile
zzzz wrote:
does exist a mass storage drivers pack for XP x64?

I've been looking, but found no such pack yet.
zzzz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really appreciated, and please keep them coming
mark strelecki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Lurkers Say Thanks, Too Reply with quote

Just a quickie to say that 2011_3_1 is working fine (again!), and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your devotion to this platform.

I'm sure others are wondering about your continued motivation to maintain this sterling update pack, what with the messianic arrival of W7.

I tried W7 on the laptop, but XP64 just works FASTER and is way more FAMILIAR, so I'm back to using it there. I am toying with the notion of returning my main production system to XP64, as well.

You see, if it were not for your fine work and diligence, I would HAVE to move to W7 (Linux is still Not Ready For Primetime).

Many and assorted blessings of health and happiness are showered on you and yours from a grateful lurker somewhere in the great South.

MARK STRELECKI
5eraph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Smile

Win7 doesn't offer anything I really need at the moment. My old hardware can't take full advantage of the increased eye candy without degrading performance. And I'm putting off building a new machine until I have need of the better hardware. WinXP remains relevant to my interests.

Updated to 2011-03_2. Please read the Changelog for full details.
diginode

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already download this file Updated to 2011-03_2.7z. I am using winxp sp2 x64. how I manually update my existing system by Updated to 2011-03_2. I do not want to slipstream fresh disk.
5eraph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid there's no way to use an update pack on an existing installation.
5eraph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 2011-04_1. Please read the Changelog for full details.
Keefa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work as always, 5eraph. Thanks!
krick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5eraph wrote:
It seems to be a common error message. I wish it were more specific. The only solution I can currently find that might work in this case is to download the package, extract it, and install it manually.

I have an ATI card, so I'm afraid I can't test the solution here.

I'm pretty sure that this is error is due to not having the .NET framework installed prior to the driver install, or possibly not having a new enough version of the .NET framework installed.

The Nvidia control panel requires the .NET framework. I think the guys over at driverpacks.net encountered this issue.

Also, I'm pretty sure the latest ATI Catalyst Control Center (or whatever they're calling it) requires .NET framework 2.0 or higher. If you just install a slipstreamed driver (without the custom control panel) you're probably fine.
krick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a strange issue that I've never seen before when slipstreaming.

First, I've got a copy of XP x64 SP2 that I installed without issue. When I hit windows update, there were 99 critical updates and that got me looking for update packs I could slipstream in.

I ended up slipstreaming in your latest update pack, plus your IE8 (with updates) pack and made a new ISO using nLite.

I blew away my old partition and re-installed from the newly created image.

This time, during the installation, I kept getting pop-up dialogs telling me that my drivers weren't signed or something along those lines. I probably should have taken a picture.

I didn't add any drivers to the new CD image. They should have been identical to the drivers from the original image, but this time, I get warnings.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Have you seen this before?
spawn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there an IE7 Addon i can use with this? Cool
5eraph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Keefa. Smile

krick wrote:
I kept getting pop-up dialogs telling me that my drivers weren't signed or something along those lines. I probably should have taken a picture.

I didn't add any drivers to the new CD image. They should have been identical to the drivers from the original image, but this time, I get warnings.

I'll need more information. If you used nLite, please provide a link to your "Last Session.ini" file. If you used RVMi, the integrator log and WinNT.sif (without product key) may be useful.

spawn wrote:
is there an IE7 Addon i can use with this? Cool

I'm not aware of an IE7x64 addon. nLite will slipstream the installer and its updates (KB938127 and KB2497640) directly. so I never bothered making one. I have made a tweaks addon for use with slipstreamed IE7, though.
krick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5eraph wrote:

krick wrote:
I kept getting pop-up dialogs telling me that my drivers weren't signed or something along those lines. I probably should have taken a picture.

I'll need more information. If you used nLite, please provide a link to your "Last Session.ini" file. If you used RVMi, the integrator log and WinNT.sif (without product key) may be useful.

I only used nLite. Here's a link to my Last Session.ini and WINNT.SIF files in a zip...

http://files.3feetunder.com/last_session_ini_-_winnt_sif.zip
5eraph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, certain entries in WinNT.sif often cause problems for XPx64. In this case, krick, removing NonDriverSigningPolicy fixes the problem (Authenticode and GrpConv.exe warnings). Smile
5eraph

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 2011-04_2. Please read the Changelog for full details.
Jonny5isalivetm

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

error

I have a working win xp 64, after I merge the update pack I get this error as the installer is just starting (second blue screen, were it has the count down timer)

Error:

The signature for Windows XP Professional Setup is invalid. The error code is 57.

The parameter is incorrect.

Fatal Error:

Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more information.

I tried integrating with both ryans and nlite to same effect..

Im using Winsetupfromusb 1.0 beta 7 is this the problem ? (tho it works fine on standard install).

What are you folks using after you have integrated ? like your not still burning cds I hope ? Very Happy

Jonny
5eraph

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first I've heard of WinSetupFromUSB. Until I become familiar with it, I'm afraid I can't advise you on its use.

I test ISOs created by RVMi and nLite in VirtualBox for every release. And I've begun testing a burned DVD-RW on real hardware once a month.
5eraph

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 2011-05_1. Please read the Changelog for full details.
spawn

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the release Surprised)
If I use ryanvm integrator for this, where do i put wmp7+updates and when to use wmp11slips1.4i?
5eraph

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Smile

If you mean IE7+updates then you must use nLite, as I have no addon for that.

Use the WMP11 Slipstreamer after integrating the update pack with RVMi but before creating the ISO.
spawn

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ie7+ updates and mp11 slipstreamer *sorry*
5eraph

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 2011-05_2. Please read the Changelog for full details.
Svyat

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello 5eraph!
Thank you for such a nice project, I want to advice you to include following additional hotfixes, that you skipped/forgot to include:
KB918033 - explorer.exe, wexplorer.exe
KB929134 - spoolss.dll
KB934016 - COM+ 1.5 Hotfix Rollup Package 12 (a lot of updated files)
KB943669 - eventcls.dll, ftdisk.sys, partmgr.sys, vss_ps.dll, vssadmin.exe, vssui.dll, wvss_ps.dll
KB949459-v2 - hal.dll
KB973678 - msv1_0.dll, wmsv1_0.dll

I've collected all thease hotfixes and uploaded them to web sharing storage, you can download them:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28667740/updates.zip
http://zalil.ru/31134016
http://fileshare.in.ua/4583392

Last edited by Svyat on Fri May 27, 2011 9:28 am
5eraph

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Svyat, for the compliment and research. You are correct on all counts so far (still looking into KB934016, it's huge). I'll see what I can do about adding them to the pack within the next week. Smile
Svyat

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed that your pack has an outdated basesrv.dll.
There are two hotfixes that include newer version of basesrv.dll:
KB936087
KB936087-v2 - basesrv.dll 5.2.3790.4425 (I have only x86 version for Srv03 if you need it I can share)

But be careful to integrate this hotfix, because I tried direct integration (changing just file in distribution) and Windows could not be installed properly, I think you have to provide it with catalog file or something else.

Last edited by Svyat on Sat May 28, 2011 6:03 am
Passion

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, Svyat, especially the spoolss.dll has been an issue at the workplace I had to 'explain' users wasn't at all my fault, so I'll be glad that's out of the way after the next pack.

I'll be 'forced' to deliver a clean new all purpose XP x64 'install release' for the workplace pretty soon (usually just before the summer holidays start here), so I'm anxiously awaiting the new pack, 5eraph. You're my hero for maintaining XP x64 like this. It's just perfect for the hardware and software they use at a (non-profit) organisation I do admin-work for. Some users there often ask me if I can tell them what version of Windows this is, because (nearly) everything 'just works' the way they want it to and the Windows versions they're using on their home-PC's and notebooks etc. are "all crap" and "sluggish" and "demanding" according to them. With packs like these and admins like me I think Microsoft would still be able to sell XP x64 Edition discs to millions of users out there, but who am I?
Svyat

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also couldn't find KB937932 in 5eraph's pack
Passion

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svyat wrote:
I also couldn't find KB937932 in 5eraph's pack

16-bit software is useless in XP64 a.f.a.i.k... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896458
5eraph

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, Passion. But as stated in that article, some 16-bit installers are recognized by XPx64 and converted to 32-bit—where the new wow32.dll comes into play.

Microsoft wrote:
This problem occurs because the Wow32.dll module does not convert the DEVMODE data structure from the 16-bit Windows 3.1 version to a 32-bit ANSI version.

Further, it states the problem occurs with the printer spooler service. Some installers do offer to print an EULA, so the update will be included. Smile

Hopefully I can have the next pack ready within the next 72 hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RyanVM.net Discussion Board Forum Index -> Community Update Packs -> Windows XP Professional x64 Edition All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17

Jump to: