RyanVM.net Discussion Board Forum Index RyanVM.net Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post-EOL unofficial updates for Windows 2000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RyanVM.net Discussion Board Forum Index -> Community Update Packs -> Windows 2000 Professional
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomasz86

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New test version of UURollup-v11 is ready.

I've updated mup.sys to the newest available version:

Code:
mup.sys 5.0.2195.7035

and what's much more important I've replaced WildBill's comctl32.dll with the one from XP:

Code:
comctl32.dll 5.82.2900.6028

It removes the 32-bit icon support. On the other hand, there have been issues with icons for some time and the XP's comctl32.dll adds many new useful APIs. I personally prefer to have more functionality instead of eye candy Wink Of course the matter is still undecided as it's unknown whether there are any issues when using the XP file.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 've updated #1. This is the new release plan. I hope everyone will be fine with it:

Quote:
Test versions are divided into two categories:

1) Daily - these are versions containing all latest changes. They are uploaded as soon as the changes have been added which means that they have been not very thoroughly tested and may be buggy. You should be very cautious when using them. The purpose of them is testing, not installing and using on your real system! "Daily" does not mean that they are always released every day. They may be released very often but may not if there is nothing to change at the moment.

2) Weekly - these versions are released once a week, usually on Saturday/Sunday. They contain all changes from previous daily versions which have been proved non-buggy and stable. They still require additional testing so you should take this into account when using them but are much safer to use than daily versions. As in case of the former, if there have been no changes done during the week then no new weekly version will be released on that weekend.

When a weekly version has been rigorously tested and no problems occurred during the process it becomes the next stable release. Stable versions are going to be released on every last weekend of each month which means that unless there are critical issues discovered there will be no more than one stable version released each month. As already stated before, if there have been no changes done then no new stable version will be released.

There are two new test versions of UURollup-v11 ready:

1) Daily (UURollup-v11d*) - due to the use of XP's comctl32.dll all icons are now set to 16-bit colours in the registry.

2) Weekly (UURollup-v11w*) - all changes from Daily except the new comctl32.dll which means that the 32-bit icon support is still present in it.

They are sorted like this in the SkyDrive download repository:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New daily (120801) version of UURollup-v11 is ready.

I've added these files from the newest BWC kernel:
Code:
comctl32.dll 5.81.4968.2501
shell32.dll 5.0.3900.7173
user32.dll 5.0.2195.7141

Edit:
This is a new daily version of UURollup-v11 (d120804).

Changelog:

- remnants of the 32-bit icon support removed completely
- added
Code:
ole32.dll 5.0.2195.7103
shell32.dll 5.0.3900.7174
user32.dll 5.0.2195.7142
from the newest BWC kernel

Last edited by tomasz86 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:13 am
tomasz86

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New weekly (w120805) version of UURollup-v11 is ready.

Everything from the latest daily is included in it except the new comctl32.dll which means that the 32-bit icon support is still there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new daily (d120807) version of UURollup-v11 is ready:

- added updated MS VC++ 2010 libraries from KB2723430
- added the following files from the newest BWC kernel:
Code:
ole32.dll 5.0.2195.7104
user32.dll 5.0.2195.7144

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new daily version of UURollup-v11 is ready:

- fixed checksum of mfc100u.dll (wrong checksum made slipstreaming impossible)

I've also uploaded some of the older stable versions of UURollup just in case someone wants to check them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded a new weekly version of UURollup-v11. It's exactly the same as the last daily which means that the 32-bit icon support has been finally removed. You can find it in my SkyDrive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big update today:

1) I've updated the http://www.windows2000.tk site. The layout should be clearer, fonts have been standardised and less important information is hidden by default so it should be better to navigate now. I've updated several programs and added a few new sites to the Useful links section. Check News for details.

2) Update Rollup 2 Server Extension has been updated to v2 and is now available in 24 languages (the JPN version for both x86 and nec98).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just uploaded a new daily version of UURollup.

This is what has changed:

- updated files:
Code:
advapi32.dll 5.0.2195.7052
ole32.dll 5.0.2195.7105
oleaut32.dll 2.40.4532.2
rpcrt4.dll 5.0.2195.7287
shell32.dll 5.0.3900.7175
user32.dll 5.0.2195.7146
WB advapi32.dll has been replaced with BWC advapi32.dll.

SkyDrive's interface has changed and is much better than before. You can finally easily see the whole filename when browsing files (you need to switch to the list view). The fonts look bad with ClearType off but that's another story.

Edit: I think it wasn't required before but it seems that now you need to have a Microsoft account to be able to download files from SkyDrive Evil or Very Mad I need some time to think about how to solve this problem but at the moment I'm very sorry but you do need to create an account there to download test versions of UURollup.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that has been the case for quite some time, since at least last year, but maybe it's an account type of restriction or something. At least here's an example of a user over at Wincert that had to put some explanation text in the first post of their thread so folks could download - http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/4170-true-addon-mona-ultrapack-v331/. It works fine, but you do have to log in to hotmail or one of the other MS accounts to be able to download. You can see the file without being logged in, but you have to log in to download it.

EDIT: It must be a account type restriction, at least with OnePiece's SkyDrive account it's just click-and-download, no sign-in necessary - https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c5215adebcbbafe6&id=C5215ADEBCBBAFE6%21927. Sorry I don't know more about SkyDrive.

Cheers and Regards
tomasz86

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thank you very much, bphlpt.

I don't know what M$ is doing but changing the folder's sharing options from "public" to "shared" helped. Strangely enough OnePiece's folders are "public" and you can still download files... ??

Anyway, what's important is that now you can download files from my account without being logged on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to download both of the "Windows2000-UURollup" files using your SkyDrive links under "Unofficial Updates Rollup" on your site, and got "There was an error downloading the file" for both. Just thought you should know.

Cheers and Regards
tomasz86

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong.

After messing around with SkyDrive I think I've managed to find the real reason why OnePiece's files can be downloaded and mine cannot. The problem seems to be related with EXE files. OnePiece's files consist mainly of archives. There are a few EXE files there too but they are small and this is the key here. I can download smaller EXE files from my SkyDrive without logging in but not the large ones. For example, I can download a ~20MB size UURollup (Global) but cannot download UURollup (ENU) or UR2 which are ~50MB in size. This problem doesn't affect other types of files, only executables.

I don't really want to pack these executables... There are too many of them and doing so would only complicate things. I guess I'll need to switch to Dropbox which I do use but up to now I've used it rather for synchronising private files between different computers / devices. Dropbox seems to offer a decent Web interface without such limitations.

By the way, those files can be still downloaded from SkyDrive but using a "trick" is necessary. Check this link:

https://skydrive.live.com/viruswarning.aspx/Windows/2K/UR2/Stable/Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-SrvExt-v2-x86-ARA.exe?cid=8E9E631D76257891

Using the "Virus Warning" thing you can still download any file regardless of its size. Moreover, through this method it's possible to download files in all browsers while normally M$ blocks older IEs from accessing SkyDrive. A big disadvantage is that it's good only for downloading single files while what I need is a FTP-like interface so that you can browse all uploaded files (and download them without limitations).

@bphlpt
I've reorganised the folders. That's why the links on my website doesn't work. I'm going to update them as soon as possible. I'm sorry for inconvenience.

By the way, could you (or anyone else) confirm my words? You should go here and try downloading
Code:
Windows2000-UURollup-v3a-x86-Global.exe 20.8 MB
Windows2000-UURollup-v10b-x86-ENU.exe 48.0 MB

You should be able to download only the first one (without logging in).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love dropbox, but you might want to check with Ricktendo64 for his experience before you commit to using dropbox for distributing files. I THINK he ended up having an issue that caused the files to be blocked due to the number of people that downloaded his files. That might not happen to you, I'm not sure what volume of downloads that you have, but just saying...

EDIT:
Quote:
You should be able to download only the first one (without logging in).

Yes, but the annoying thing is that the larger the file, the longer of a delay that occurs before the download begins after clicking. I'm guessing because the file is automatically scanned for viruses at the MS site? Just a guess. Personally, I'd prefer a "Are you sure?" box than the delay where you don't know what's going on, but that's probably just me.

Cheers and Regards
tomasz86

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read about the Ricktendo's case. I probably should have stated it more clearly but the problem discussed here is not about the main host but rather a host for the test versions. As you can see on my website, all main packages (UURollup/UR2) are available to download from three different sources. One of them is indeed SkyDrive but the link used is the one utilising the Virus Warning trick so the large size executable files' problem doesn't affect it.

On the other hand, some time ago I started to upload test versoins (daily, weekly, etc.). There are a lot of them so I don't want to link to the files one by one but rather have one URL where anyone interested can browse them. I've used SkyDrive for this but until today I didn't know that you had to log in in order to download larger executables. That's why I'm seeking for a solution Wink I don't think that using Dropbox for this would bring any trouble as it wouldn't be use as my main hosting but rather for distributing test versions only. The problem with Dropbox is that I just would prefer to keep it for other files. SkyDrive's web interface is better than Dropbox too.

If not for the EXE problem SkyDrive seems to be an ideal hosting. It offers 7GB for free, files can be easily accessed and browsed through. After thinking about I would say that uploading test versions packed is not such a bad idea. If they are packed then anyone can download them without being logged on and another big advantage is that 7-Zip has much better compression than CAB. Now it's not that important but will be when USP5.2's test versions are ready.

Anyway, thank you very much for all opinions and suggestions Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong again...

The SkyDrive limitation isn't just about executables. You can't download other larger files without any account too. I've just checked with the OnePiece's archive. When trying to download a file larger then 30 MB the login window always pops up.

I'll still probably have to use it though. I just can't think of any alternative at the moment. Dropbox has been already discussed and I've checked Google Driver too and it seems to be very limited. MediaFire's Web interface isn't bad too but it's got a low file size limit (200 MB) which will be not enough for USP5.2.

I hope that creating a Microsoft account won't be a huge obstacle for people wanting to download the packages :/ As I said before, the current ones are available on three different servers. SkyDrive is mainly about test versions and superseded/replaced files.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry too much more about it. You seem to have put your due diligence in and the choices you provide seem reasonable for the different types of files. If anyone else has another option I'm sure they will suggest it. Maybe someone has some FTP space available they would be willing to donate to your cause?

Cheers and Regards
tomasz86

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment I've updated the folders:

- daily versions will be available only in 7z format (no SFXCAB archive included to save space)
- weekly versions will be available only in SFXCAB format (in order to test slipstreaming)
- stable versions will be available only in SFXCAB format
- older versions will be available only in 7z format (to save space)

I've found out that when you pack an SFXCAB archive to 7z you won't gain anything but if you unpack the archive and then pack the folders directly into 7z the difference is huge, ex. in case of UURollup (ENU) it's:

- SFXCAB = 48 MB
- 7z = 34 MB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasz86! Hello! I need you help! I need to run .NET Framework 4.0 under Windows 2000 with russian localization.
What shoud I install?
tomasz86

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it's not possible at the moment Sad

BlackWingCat just managed to run .NET Framework 4.0's msbuild.exe with his newest kernel and I'm going to include his kernel in the next version of UURollup (ENU). The problem is that it's NOT available in Russian language. You would have to forcibly install the English version of UURollup / BWC kernel. After doing so some parts of the system will likely change into English.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big update today:

• UURollup-v10c (ENU) is ready. It's almost exactly the same as the last weekly version of UURollup-v11. I've only fixed some minor bugs in the installer. The reason why it's called v10c and not v11 is simply because the changes are not that important and also I want UURollup-v11 to be the first one where BWC kernel is used instead of the currently used WB kernel.

This is what has changed:
    - many files have been updated
    - several bugs have been fixed
    - 32-bit icon support has been dropped.

Actually I know that I should provide a detailed changelog but I haven't thought about it earlier and no changelog exists for the previous versions of UURollup. It's too late to suddenly start at new one at the moment.

• I've temporarily removed the complete method from my website.

The problem with it was that:
    - many people were confused about how to use it
    - the script couldn't download several files anymore because they were removed from M$ servers a few days ago.

I'm going to replace it with a HFSLIP-2-Go package later (check [member=Mim0]'s topic in the HFSLIP subforum for details).

• I've managed to download almost all Windows 2000 updates / hotfixes / HBRs* from M$ servers (almost 8000 files, 6.5 GB). They are available to download from my second SkyDrive account. I'm going to create a separate topic about it but I'm waiting until I've downloaded absolutely all of the required files. One important point here is that Update Rollup 1 which is no longer available to download from M$ is present in the SkyDrive archive Smile There is just one drawback of SkyDrive which is that you have to be logged in in order to download files larger than ~30 MB. Fortunately it's very easy to create an account there so I hope it won't be an obstacle for anyone interested in getting the files.

*acus greatly helped me download the hotfixes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've repacked 2 HF.

1. KB291343 present in Bristol list: http://bristols.zxq.net/windows2000/updates/#kb291343
2. New KB2732052 (time zone).

Links:
1. http://ge.tt/6Fu54kM/v/1
2. http://ge.tt/6Fu54kM/v/0

Regards
tomasz86

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, acus Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Testing Reply with quote

I tried the install with your latest daily Windows2000-UURollup-v11d120903-x86-ENU over an install of your stable release v10c ENU and it worked almost perfectly expect when booting up it gives a s***down error message giving you 1 minute to finish your work because "services.exe" unexpectedly crashed and it will restart a program called sc.exe ran afterwards and poped up as a command prompt window which i closed as it stay upon for half the time and then it booted to the desktop before it rebooted and you were able to interact with the desktop and star menus before the reboot this was on an actual hardrive pc install not a VM
tomasz86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to write about the new daily version of UURollup which I uploaded yesterday so this is double news:

A new daily version of UURollup-v11 is ready. This is the first version where BWC kernel is used.
  • Almost all files from BWC kernel are now used in UURollup (ENU). I've still left the three files (dbgeng.dll, dbghelp.dll and imagehlp.dll) from Windows XP "Whistler" 5.1.2430.1 because I'm not sure about the compatibility of the new versions which BlackWingCat's recently added to his kernel.
  • All catalog files and registry entries related to the official updates superseded by UURollup (ENU) have been removed. They are useless because Windows Update mustn't be used with unofficial updates anyway and SFC doesn't work for the modified files too. Actually I'm going to disable SFC completely in the near future because it can only cause unpredicted problems, ex. restore some of the original system files and therefore break the system completely in the worst scenario.
  • All files coming from the Kel's Runtimes addon have been removed. They are going to be included in USP5.2 separately.
  • All other files have been updated to the newest version available (mainly the ones by BlackWingCat and also several MS VC++ related files).
  • Thanks to the changes mentioned above the size of UURollup (ENU) has decreased by a few MBs and also less bloat is added to the registry.

That's it for now. I haven't tested slipstreaming yet, only manual installation. I'd be very glad if someone tested this new version. Remember that it's still very experimental!!! so do not ever try to install it in your real system!!! I recommend testing it in a VM.

At the moment you can still find the test versions in the SkyDrive archive.

Edit: I'd be especially interested in what happens when you install the new version over UURollup-v10c (without uninstalling the latter).

I've just uploaded a new daily version.

Changes:
  • Added
    Code:
    srvsvc.dll 5.0.2195.6930
    It will overwrite all other versions.
  • Added
    Code:
    mshtmled.dll 6.0.2900.6254
    for IE6 SP3. This is an experimental change. The file itself comes from the newest IE Cumulative Update for XP. It's installed only when IE6 is present in the system (it's not installed in an IE5 based system).
  • This version can be installed over BWC kernel and it should be also possible to install it over any older version of UURollup.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: testing again Reply with quote

Testing asap! I will test on a hard drive and a Virtual Machine as well as replace the files in the old install to see if it will allow restored functionality...

OK! I tested replacing the "srvsvc.dll" & I went ahead and replaced the "mshtmled.dll" everything seems to be working perfectly stable I will continue testing and let you know if there is any crashes....

OK! internet explore is now giving the correct about info which it was not in your previous release and Internet Explore seems to be much more stable no crashes as of yet flash videos are playing smoothly as well...

Firefox is still having visual problems when used with hardware acceleration enabled if possible that would be a very good thing to fix!

Installed BlackWingCats 266.58 Nvidia drivers working perfectly

I tried installing the new BWC Kernel over the new daily install with no problems what so ever and vice verse

Installed audio drivers and they are working perfectly

Question:"Is it possible you can provide the all in one .net installer so that I may test that also"

OK! was testing around and attempted to use wind3d does not work and thought I would suggest implementing your own type of directx that will allow directx versions not supported by Microsoft for older os's on win2k such as dx10 and 11...

Finished testing without any problems what so ever which I am glad to report!! =)

Edit: combined posts
Edit: More info
Edit: Typo
Edit: Question
Edit: Testing complete
tomasz86

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to my mistake the SVE version of UR2-SrvExt was listed twice on my website and the RUS version was missing. I've just fixed it. You can now download the RUS version too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new daily version of UURollup-v11 is available. You can find it in the new download archive (check #1 for details). There are a lot of changes in this one, most of them coming from the newest BWC kernel release (but not only :whistle:). I've got no time now to list them but I'll try to do it tomorrow. Please be very careful because this compilation is extremely experimental.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the list of changes done in the last daily version of UURollup-v11:

• Updated files:

Code:
    dbgeng.dll 6.2.9200.16384
    dbghelp.dll 6.2.9200.16384
    imagehlp.dll 5.1.2600.6198
    iphlpapi.dll 5.0.2195.7104
    kernel32.dll 5.0.2195.7188
    mfc40.dll 4.1.0.6151
    mfc40u.dll 4.1.0.6151
    mfc42.dll 6.6.8065.0
    mfc42u.dll 6.6.8065.0
    msftedit.dll 5.41.21.2512
    msvcrt.dll 7.0.6002.22755
    ntdll.dll 5.0.2195.7097

• Added files:

Code:
    licdll.dll 5.1.2600.5977
    sxs.dll 5.1.2600.5699
    taskmgr.exe 5.1.2430.1
    wintrust.dll 5.131.2600.6198

Out of these the new Task Manager comes from Windows XP "Whistler" 2430.1. It's almost exactly the same as the default one but there are two differences in it:

- the Networking tab:

- MEM Usage is shown in GBs:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new daily version of UURollup-v11 is ready:
  • Updated files:

Code:
    kernel32.dll 5.0.2195.7189
    ntdll.dll 5.0.2195.7098
    NTKRNLMP.EXE 5.0.2195.7385
    ntkrnlpa.exe 5.0.2195.7385
    NTKRPAMP.EXE 5.0.2195.7385
    ntoskrnl.exe 5.0.2195.7385
    win32k.sys 5.0.2195.7399

All of them come from BWC kernel.

By the way, I've tried to transplant VSS (Shadow Copy Service) from Windows XP "Whistler" (different versions) but there's always an error when trying to use it. Even though there are no dependency issues each trial results in error.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tomasz, when I try to integrate your update rollup 2 into a source that has SP4 and update rollup 1 integrated (in that order) I get an error window that pops up saying:

"An error occured while attempting to integrate this software update package. Verify that the architecture, language, and service pack level of this software update are valid for the target distribution folder."

My command is simply: UR2.exe /integrate:c:\win2k\myur2 (myur2 contains the source I want to apply the rollup to).

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
tomasz86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UR2 can't be integrated like that. You need to use HFSLIP to integrate it (together with other packages).

This is how my HFSLIP folder structure looks like:

Code:
hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v10.cmd
HF\directx_Jun2010-W2KFP_redist.exe
HF\IE6.0SP1-KB2722913-WINDOWS2000-X86-ENU.EXE
HF\IE6.0sp1-KB302224-x86-ENU.exe
HF\IE6.0sp1-KB834158-x86-ENU.exe
HF\ie6.0sp1-kb885258-windows-2000-xp-x86-enu.exe
HF\IE6.0sp1-KB893627-Windows-2000-XP-x86-ENU.exe
HF\IE6.0sp1-KB900732-Windows-2000-XP-x86-ENU.exe
HF\IE6.0sp1-KBz2544521-v2-Windows2000-x86-Global.exe
HF\MDAC_TYP.exe
HF\MDAC281-KB927779-v2-x86-ENU.exe
HF\MDAC281-KB954920-v2-x86-Global.exe
HF\MDAC281-KB983838-x86-ENU.exe
HF\MDAC281-UU-HBR-KB950982-KB960071-KB961451-x86-Global.exe
HF\MPSetup.exe
HF\msxml4-KB2721691-enu.exe
HF\msxml6-KB2721693-enu-x86.exe
HF\OE6.0sp1-UU-KB978542-KB2423089-KB2544893-Windows2000-x86-ENU.exe
HF\q331485.exe
HF\q816362.exe
HF\q824220.exe
HF\Q830849.exe
HF\rvkroots.exe
HF\w2ksp51.exe
HF\Webfldrs-KB892211-v2-ENU.exe
HF\Windows2000-DirectX9-UU-KBz2631813-x86-ENU.exe
HF\Windows2000-KB2483185-x86-custom-ENU.EXE
HF\WINDOWS2000-KB2570947-X86-CUSTOM-ENU.EXE
HF\Windows2000-KB941569-x86-ENU.EXE
HF\Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-SrvExt-v2-x86-ENU.exe
HF\Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-x86-ENU.exe
HF\Windows2000-UU-KB968006-x86-Global.exe
HF\Windows2000-UURollup-v10c-x86-ENU.exe
HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia9-KB973540-x86-ENU.exe
HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB954155-x86-ENU.exe
HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB975025-v2-x86-ENU.exe
HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB975558-x86-Global.exe
HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB978695-x86-ENU.exe
HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KBz2115168-x86-Global.exe
HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KBz2378111-x86-Global.exe
HF\WindowsMedia41-KB952068-x86-ENU.exe
HF\WindowsMedia41-KB980858-v2-x86-ENU.exe
HF\WindowsMedia64-KB954600-x86-ENU.exe
HF\WindowsMedia64-KB974112-x86-ENU.exe
HF\WindowsMedia6-KB925398-v2-x86-ENU.exe
HF\WindowsMedia9-KB891122-x86-Global-ENU.exe
HF\WindowsMedia9-KB969878-x86-ENU.exe
HF\WindowsMedia-KB911564-x86-ENU.exe
HF\WindowsXP-KB2732052-x86-ENU.exe
HF\WindowsXP-KB2736233-x86-ENU.exe
HF\wmp6cdcs.exe
HFAAO\Kels_Runtimes_addon_v8.4.2.rar
HFAAO\NETFX11.cab
HFAAO\NETFX20.cab
HFAAO\tomasz86-YumeYao_WIC_Addon_1_2_0.7z
HFAAO\YumeYao_MicrosoftOldRuntimeLibraries_Addon_1_0_0.7z
HFCABS\SWFLASH.CAB
HFEXPERT\WIN\system32\reg.exe
HFEXPERT\WIN\system32\sc.exe
HFEXPERT\WIN\system32\usbd.sys
HFEXPERT\WIN\system32\usbhub.sys
HFEXPERT\WIN\system32\usbser.sys
HFGUIRUNONCE\UPHClean-Setup.msi
HFSVCPACK\IE6.0sp1-KB834158-x86-ENU.reg
HFSVCPACK\IE6.0sp1-KB893627-Windows-2000-XP-x86-ENU.reg
HFSVCPACK_SW1\Windows2000-KB829884-v3-x86-Global.exe
HFSVCPACK_SW1\Windows2000-KB896414-x86-ENU.EXE
HFSVCPACK_SW1\Windows2000-UU-KB914783-KB974266-x86-ENU.exe
HFSVCPACK_SW1\Windows2000-UU-KB926139-v2-x86-ENU.exe
HFSVCPACK_SW1\Windows2000-UU-KBz2603381-x86-Global.exe
HFSVCPACK_SW1\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB952069-x86-ENU.exe
HFSVCPACK_SW1\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB977816-x86-ENU.exe
HFSVCPACK_SW1\Windows2000-XP-2003-MSRDP52-x86-ENU.exe
HFSVCPACK_SW1\windowsmedia-kb895181-x86-enu.exe
HFSVCPACK_SW2\q326912.exe
HFSVCPACK_SW2\windowsmedia9-kb817885-x86-enu.exe
HFTOOLS\7za.exe
HFTOOLS\7zG.exe
HFTOOLS\boot.bin
HFTOOLS\cdimage.EXE
HFTOOLS\cmdow.exe
HFTOOLS\Defrag.cmd
HFTOOLS\extract.exe
HFTOOLS\filever.exe
HFTOOLS\HFSLIP_POST_Defrag.cmd
HFTOOLS\HFSLIP_POST_getnewfiles_v3.cmd
HFTOOLS\modifyPE.exe
HFTOOLS\Rar.exe
HFTOOLS\reg.exe
HFTOOLS\wget.exe

Integrating all of these makes Windows 2000 almost 100% updated.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, I see. So RVM Integrator no? Only hfslip? I've never used hfslip but used integrator extensively.
tomasz86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HFSLIP is the only one which is capable of directly integrating M$ updates as they are without repacking, etc. The structure of my rollups is exactly the same as the one of M$ official updates.

If you're interested I can upload the whole HFSLIP folder as it is so that you'll only need to add your Win2k source and run the script.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two updates:

1. New Unofficial Time Zone update KB2756822: http://ge.tt/6ogVqPP/v/1
2. (removed)
Regards
acus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziomek has found HF KB2756651-v2 that has many new files.

1. Updated KB979687-v5 with msftedit.dll (5.41.21.2513, KB2756651-v2) & shlwapi.dll (6.0.2800.2029, Blackwingcat): removed

2. msftedit.dll (5.41.21.2513): Windows2000-UU-KB2756651-v2-x86-Global.exe: removed

3. TTF fonts: Windows2000-UU-KB2756651-Fonts-x86-Global.exe: removed

Edited:
shiner has reported problem with msftedit.dll 5.41.25.2513
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128312#128312

so I removed previous link. See some post below..

Last edited by acus on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 pm
tomasz86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Thanks acus. I'll add the files to UURollup.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why have you removed the Segoe* fonts?

By the way, I'd suggest using CopyAlways for fonts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tomasz,

I thought they are not present in W2K.
Tomorrow I'll post new version.
Thanks for your suggestion.
tomasz86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they aren't present but you can install them, right?Razz

I've just added them to UURollup like this:

Code:
[ProductInstall.CopyFilesAlways]
CopyFiles=CopyAlways.Fonts.Files

[DestinationDirs]
CopyAlways.Fonts.Files=20

[CopyAlways.Fonts.Files]
segoeui.ttf,,,8
segoeuib.ttf,,,8
segoeuii.ttf,,,8
segoeuiz.ttf,,,8

ANDALEMO.TTF,,,8
ARIAL.TTF,,,8
ARIALBD.TTF,,,8
ARIALBI.TTF,,,8
ARIALI.TTF,,,8
ARIALN.TTF,,,8
ARIALNB.TTF,,,8
ARIALNBI.TTF,,,8
ARIALNI.TTF,,,8
ARIBLK.TTF,,,8
CALIBRI.TTF,,,8
CALIBRIB.TTF,,,8
CALIBRII.TTF,,,8
CALIBRIZ.TTF,,,8
CAMBRIAB.TTF,,,8
CAMBRIAI.TTF,,,8
CAMBRIAZ.TTF,,,8
CANDARA.TTF,,,8
CANDARAB.TTF,,,8
CANDARAI.TTF,,,8
CANDARAZ.TTF,,,8
COMIC.TTF,,,8
COMICBD.TTF,,,8
CONSOLA.TTF,,,8
CONSOLAB.TTF,,,8
CONSOLAI.TTF,,,8
CONSOLAZ.TTF,,,8
CONSTAN.TTF,,,8
CONSTANB.TTF,,,8
CONSTANI.TTF,,,8
CONSTANZ.TTF,,,8
CORBEL.TTF,,,8
CORBELB.TTF,,,8
CORBELI.TTF,,,8
CORBELZ.TTF,,,8
COUR.TTF,,,8
COURBD.TTF,,,8
COURBI.TTF,,,8
COURI.TTF,,,8
GEORGIA.TTF,,,8
GEORGIAB.TTF,,,8
GEORGIAI.TTF,,,8
GEORGIAZ.TTF,,,8
GOTHIC.TTF,,,8
GOTHICB.TTF,,,8
GOTHICBI.TTF,,,8
GOTHICI.TTF,,,8
IMPACT.TTF,,,8
LSANS.TTF,,,8
LSANSD.TTF,,,8
LSANSDI.TTF,,,8
LSANSI.TTF,,,8
LSANSUNI.TTF,,,8
LUCON.TTF,,,8
MICROSS.TTF,,,8
msgothic.ttc,,,8
msmincho.ttc,,,8
OCRAEXT.TTF,,,8
TAHOMA.TTF,,,8
TAHOMABD.TTF,,,8
TIMES.TTF,,,8
TIMESBD.TTF,,,8
TIMESBI.TTF,,,8
TIMESI.TTF,,,8
TREBUC.TTF,,,8
TREBUCBD.TTF,,,8
TREBUCBI.TTF,,,8
TREBUCIT.TTF,,,8
VERDANA.TTF,,,8
VERDANAB.TTF,,,8
VERDANAI.TTF,,,8
VERDANAZ.TTF,,,8
WEBDINGS.TTF,,,8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiner has reported problem with msftedit.dll 5.41.25.2513
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128312#128312

Better to revert to msftedit.dll 5.41.25.2512:

1. Updated KB979687-v4 with msftedit.dll (5.41.21.2512, KB2616879) & shlwapi.dll (6.0.2800.2029, Blackwingcat): http://ge.tt/7bpxRPQ/v/0

2. msftedit.dll (5.41.21.2512): Windows2000-UU-KB2616879-x86-Global.exe: http://ge.tt/7bpxRPQ/v/2

3. Updated TTF fonts from KB2756651-v2 (also segoe): Windows2000-UU-KB2756651-v2-Fonts-x86-Global.exe: http://ge.tt/7bpxRPQ/v/3

4. New time zone hotfix: KB2769756: http://ge.tt/7bpxRPQ/v/1
tomasz86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks acus.

By the way, I haven't experienced any problems with this new msftedit.dll (5.41.21.2513) in Win2k.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tomasz,

sorry for late answer (no spare time!!).

Reuploaded msftedit.dll (5.41.21.2513): http://ge.tt/4ZnnFUR/v/2

Added:

1. calculator plus (XP powertoys): http://ge.tt/4ZnnFUR/v/0
2. Fonts Courier & Verdana from Win 7: http://ge.tt/4ZnnFUR/v/1
3. On screen keyboard from Win Whistler: http://ge.tt/4ZnnFUR/v/3
4. Spider solitaire from ReactOS: http://ge.tt/4ZnnFUR/v/4
tomasz86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Smile Thanks for this, acus.

I wonder whether we could just use fonts from Windows 8.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't updated this topic for a while...

It doesn't mean that I haven't been doing anything though. For those who don't visit MSFN very often, all the fresh new and information is available in the main topic about USP5.2 here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/156521-unofficial-sp-52-for-microsoft-windows-2000

You might have also noticed that my website isn't working at the moment. I updated it two days ago and just in case this is an alternative address:

http://tomasz86.zxq.net

There are a lot of changes this time so make sure you check the changelog. I'll just list the most important ones:
  1. UURollup-v10d released (bug fixes & Application Compatibility Launcher added).
  2. Information about Application Compatibility Launcher and instructions about how to use it added to the main page.
  3. Programs section reorganised (updated and URLs tidied up).
  4. Updates List for HFSLIP updated. UURollup has been added and the English-only unofficial updates included in UURollup have been removed. Global (multilanguage) updates and updates available in more than one language are still available.
  5. Superseded updates are now hidden by default on the Updates List.
  6. About / Changelog section updated.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://windows2000.tk is working again Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Msstyles now? Reply with quote

Okay, I may be understand this incorrectly, but since there are changes to the kernel, and new system .dll's are being implemented, would it be possible to use .msstyle themes made for XP like this one, for examle: http://xstyleone.deviantart.com/favourites/23380722#/d225h2u

I'm sorry if that is a bad question, because I don't fully understand all the changes that would be necessary for this to happen. Would I be wrong to assume that all you would need to do this is have a compatible uxtheme.dll? Any help would be great, otherwise, thanks for taking your time and effort with this and helping me as much as you have already.
tomasz86

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's impossible. Themes support is not implemented and I doubt that anyone would ever be able to do it (it would probably require way too much work from one person like BlackWingCat or WildBill).

There's BlackWingCat's "uxtheme.dll" included in the test versions of UURollup but it's just a stub. It's there because some applications require it to work but the functions (APIs) themselves don't work. You can even tell it by checking the size of this uxtheme.dll (16KB) and the original one from XP (213KB).

If you want to change colours of the UI then you do it through the Display Properties (check also Start -> Run -> themes.exe). The mechanism is exactly the same as in Windows 98/ME. You can use 3rd party tools like Windows Blinds (probably an older version) and then be able to use XP-like themes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RyanVM.net Discussion Board Forum Index -> Community Update Packs -> Windows 2000 Professional All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: