RyanVM.net Discussion Board Forum Index RyanVM.net Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Release] Registry Tweaker CPL Addon v2.1.2.283-070821

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RyanVM.net Discussion Board Forum Index -> Update Pack Addons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: [Release] Registry Tweaker CPL Addon v2.1.2.283-070821 Reply with quote

As originally requested by ghettochild, and freshly updated as requested by Smashly. I've made this new version into a proper addon pack now with shortcuts in the program menu and ALSO a control panel extension (thanks to Kel for teaching and testing)

Registry Tweaker v2.1.2.283
LINK: MrsP_RegTweaker_CPL_Addon_v2.1.2.283-070821
MD5: 3764763CE0F2BD3C03FD94CB58873230
SIZE: 0.99 MB
Quote:
Description: Optimizes and customizes Windows platforms
Op System: Windows XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2007/04/07
Language: English
Title: Registry Tweaker
Version: 2.1.2.283
License: Freeware
Installs to: "%programfiles%\System\RegTweak"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries and personal settings

Quote:
About Registry Tweaker
Registry Tweaker is a tool, for applying registry tweaks on Windows platforms. It supports Windows 2000/XP/2003. The program is very customizable, you can add, edit tweak database, create profiles and export them to *.reg files. Everything is done just with a few clicks. If you like to track things down, Tweak Tracker is included.
When you apply tweak, manually or with profile, changes are written to tracker, so you can check everything you have applied. Of course, restore to old or original value is possible. Next great thing is database update via internet. 2 methods of update are possible; overwrite or append database file, so you can never loose your custom tweaks. Under Other Tweaks section is located Windows XP Viewer/Changer and Startup manager. There you can also apply *.reg files to run at Windows startup. Neat feature is Registry backup.
What it does is really simple, it exports whole registry to a *.reg file, which can be applied later if something is wrong. But this is only a basic function, nothing fancy. System information section is useful for administrators, it captures basic info about computer. Registry Tweaker has nice Directory structure, where are stored all files it uses.
Because it does not need any other system file, you can simply copy it to portable device and carry it around.

Basic Components of Registry Tweaker:
* Apply various tweaks. User can edit every tweak parameter, group them together, etc.
* One Click tweak Apply. Create profiles and apply them with one click.
* Apply profiles at Windows startup, Export profiles to REG files, check Syntax of REG files.
* Track every tweak applied from Registry Tweaker, restore old / original value.
* Edit database from Registry Tweaker with advanced options, that helps you with tweak import.
* Other tools: Windows XP Key Changer, Windows Startup manager, Registry Backup, IE security (immunization and domain blocker)
* Update tweak database via internet.
* System Information is more detailed with each new release, basic OS info and some hardware info.

Enjoy (or not)

Very Happy

[Edit 2006/03/08] Recoded ALL Mrs Peel Addon Packs for platform and licencing compliance.
[Edit 2006/03/08] Updated version to 1.8.1.105b (spankings to Smashly for not notifying me LOL)
[Edit 2006/03/13] Updated version to 1.8.1.106b (even more spankings for Smashly Razz)
[Edit 2006/03/31] Updated version to 1.8.1.110b. Last update till next full release!
[Edit 2007/06/20] Updated version to 2.1.281.
[Edit 2007/08/21] Updated version to 2.1.2.283 and rebuilt with uninstaller

Last edited by Mrs Peel on Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:57 am
smashly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Peel , I don't know how you keep up with so many addons. Your just to good to us all and I think more ppl should say.
THANK YOU sweet thang! Laughing

Yep minor bugs in the new public release of RT (to be expected no matter how much is tested).
But since the public release of this version, I'm actually testing 4 versions on... More features added and the bugs that have been spotted have been squashed. (not to say there won't be more..lol)
I'm now calling the author Mr Baygon as he kills bugs quickly.

Some new features added are:
1 click Domain list Blocking Function.
Better searching functions
Some user adjustable cosmetics (Transparency is nice on the eyes.. w00t)
Database input optimisations
etc...

Time for me to get back to work.

Thank You & Cheers Very Happy
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spankings to you Smashly for not notifying me about this update.... Razz

Bumped to version 1.8.1.105 Wink
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with 'MrsP_RegTweaker_CPL_Addon_v1.8.1.105.cab'.

It installs and seems to run fine from 'Start Menu/Utilities', but when you click on the sub tabs (Apply Tweaks & One Click Apply Tool) under the 'Tweak Browser' Tab, or click on the sub tabs (Windows License Changer, Startup Manager, Backup and Snapshot Tool, IE Security) under the 'Tools' Tab, an error message pops up:
Code:
Registry Tweaker v1.8.1.105

File Not Found.

OK

I downloaded and installed v1.8.1.106 from the website and there is no problem while running that.

Last edited by Sanjay on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:49 pm
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest Version
version: 1.8.1.106
release date: 10.03.2006

download link: http://www.registrytweaker.net/Download/download.php?file=regtwk181106b.exe
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanjay wrote:
There is a problem with 'MrsP_RegTweaker_CPL_Addon_v1.8.1.105.cab'.

It installs and seems to run fine from 'Start Menu/Utilities', but when you click on the sub tabs (Apply Tweaks & One Click Apply Tool) under the 'Tweak Browser' Tab, or click on the sub tabs (Windows License Changer, Startup Manager, Backup and Snapshot Tool, IE Security) under the 'Tools' Tab, an error message pops up:
Code:
Registry Tweaker v1.8.1.105

File Not Found.

OK

I downloaded and installed v1.8.1.106 from the website and there is no problem while running that.

Yeh that has been an error in the last 2 versions they released, it wasn't an error with the addon itself. Also the author keeps updating current version silently without bumping version on the website.

Smashly is a mod for their forum so I've been kinda hoping he would keep me abreast of these updates. (tsk tsk smashly, spank-spank-spank)

Glad to hear they finally got that bug fixed tho LOL I'll get this latest updated for you this afternoon. Cheers for headsup.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated now Wink
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Peel wrote:
Updated now Wink

Tried the updated addon. Sorry to say but the very same problem still exists with 'MrsP_RegTweaker_CPL_Addon_v1.8.1.106.cab'.

Code:
Registry Tweaker v1.8.1.106

File Not Found.

OK

The fact is that, when I install v1.8.1.106 from the installer that I downloaded from the website, there is no problem at all. This seems to imply that the problem must be with the addon rather than the program itself.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I've been able to replicate the problem and I think I might be able to make a workaround - just need to go ask one of the experts for a second opinion.

I'll suspend this link for now and give you a shout when its sorted.

Thanks for the headsup Sanjay - much appreciated.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Sanjay, this is not the perfect solution as far as workarounds go, but it was a better option than using a bat file, so can you please test for me and confirm it works OK your end.....

http://www.mytempdir.com/521921
MD5: e0ab90b027f6156c13ffba934b67bc1c

In the meantime I need to go yak to Smashly about some funky thing this installer does which is not listed in the install_script.iss file

Cheers
newsposter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on fixing the download??
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newsposter wrote:

See my post above yours. I've been waiting for a response.
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Peel wrote:
newsposter wrote:

See my post above yours. I've been waiting for a response.

Sorry, but I have been very preocupied with my work and therefore have not had any time to test this out. I will try to do this asap.
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got some time and did a fresh install with a fresh unattended DVD but I am sorry to bring bad news, this no longer even installs itself. With the previous 'addon' it used to install but had errors while running. But with the new 'addon' it does not even install.

Upon checking the 'RVM_Integrator_1.2.2.log' it seems that although it is listed as being extracted:

17:56:48 - Extracting MrsP_RegTweaker_CPL_Addon_v1.8.1.106.cab
17:56:48 - MD5 Hash = 3B6BDED1B4720FEE65D7E48813E14CE3

but it does not show as being pocessed in the 'Processing' list

In the windows installation, there is no shortcut in 'start/all programs/utilities' also I have checked "%programfiles%\Utilities\RegTweak" and there is nothing there.

Last edited by Sanjay on Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:31 am
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanjay are you SURE you are using the correct addon here because the code you posted for me above is for this addon here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1513

This version of Registry tweaker which I have posted above for you to test is installing and running AOK on my local machine here.

I am starting to wonder if you are also trying to install another addon along with this which is broken or has conflicting file names.

Please post a list of ALL the addons you are trying to install and a copy of your error logs.

Last edited by Mrs Peel on Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:35 am
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! I am sorry I screwed up while copying and pasting from 'RVM_Integrator_1.2.2.log'. The error was in my post above which I have edited to show the correct addon. Just to confirm, 'yes' I did use the correct addon in my unattended DVD.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the hash for this is MD5: e0ab90b027f6156c13ffba934b67bc1c so are you sure you are installing the correct (updated) version?

I didn't change anything at all in the entries file for this when I modified it - only added five 0 byte files into the pack to force the installer to create five empty folders - which is why the program was giving you that error message. Reg Tweak is supposed to create those five folders itself on first run but it does not appear to be doing so - hence my "workaround" method - which I know is not perfect but all the same it should work OK.
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Peel wrote:
Well the hash for this is MD5: e0ab90b027f6156c13ffba934b67bc1c so are you sure you are installing the correct (updated) version?

Are you sure you have the hash correct. I redownloaded the addon again just now and the Hash that I get is MD5: 3B6BDED1B4720FEE65D7E48813E14CE3. Is it possible you uploaded the wrong file by mistake?
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please excuse my post above I finally figured out the culprit. The addon file I was downloading kept getting corrupted each time. I think it might have somethign to do with using Download Accelerator. Anyhow I just redownloaded the file and this time did nto use 'Download Accelerator'. The file now seems to be order and the hash MD5 also shows correctly. I am going to redo my unattended DVd witht his new file and shall get bak with the results ASAP.

Sorry for all the confusion and any inconvenience caused.
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! I made a fresh unattended DVD, this time making sure to use a non corrupted copy of 'MrsP_RegTweaker_CPL_Addon_v1.8.1.105.cab' and did a fresh windows install, this time everything seems to be working fine without the errors from before..

Thanks Mrs Peel.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ay caramba! Link restored.

Sorry to all the rest of the members who have been waiting patiently for this one.

Sanjay.... next time try checking the MD5 of the addon files you download before you try to integrate them into a build. We don't take the time to include MD5 checksums with our releases for nothing you know.

Rolling Eyes
Sanjay
I can't read

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Peel wrote:
Sanjay.... next time try checking the MD5 of the addon files you download before you try to integrate them into a build.

Aye Aye Maam.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssssssssssssssst Sanjay...... pressie for you here: Net Transport Addon Pack 1.90.267 Wink
newsposter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.111b has been released
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I have updated this pack and you will have to wait till Ryan gets it onto the server.

Please note that I will no longer be updating beta versions of this utility because he updates it every other week and also does a lot of silent unannounced updates which are not documented as such.

Do not bother asking me for an update to this addon until there is a next full version release.

Cheers
tiby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest Version
version: 1.8.2.125
release date: 25.04.2006

http://www.registrytweaker.net/Download/download.php?file=regtwk182125.exe
Aserone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Peel wrote:
OK I have updated this pack and you will have to wait till Ryan gets it onto the server.

Please note that I will no longer be updating beta versions of this utility because he updates it every other week and also does a lot of silent unannounced updates which are not documented as such.

Do not bother asking me for an update to this addon until there is a next full version release.

Cheers

Version 1.8.2.125 is Beta. Updating it for myself now, I understand you with all these releases every other day. But I think many would like this updated. Wink
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aserone wrote:
Version 1.8.2.125 is Beta. Updating it for myself now, I understand you with all these releases every other day. But I think many would like this updated. Wink

From the website:
Quote:
There are some things you need to know before use this release.

* New features are not much tested, so I hope I'll get some feedback from you guys. Please report bugs and errors to Forum. Create Registry Backups!!

Sorry but I am not gonna be this guys beta tester.

We've had bugs in previous versions of this which members blamed on my addon when it was actually bugs in the software and I'm just not up for the grief of dealing with another round of that palaver.

When the author decides that it's fully tested I will update this addon.
Aserone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Peel wrote:
We've had bugs in previous versions of this which members blamed on my addon when it was actually bugs in the software and I'm just not up for the grief of dealing with another round of that palaver.

omg, thats sick. O well thanks for the heads up..
MassacreXL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Update for addon Reply with quote

Could you please update this addon to the new version?

Thanks!
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated....
Mandarin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me but how does the thread title Registry Tweaker CPL 2.1.281 relate to the update version 1.8.3.136?
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Did you actually read my release notes and changelog and dates?
Mandarin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - that is why I queried it.
There was no changelog engry for 20th June earlier on and the download link pointed to a different version of the file when I posted.
Both are now correct.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh there was, I just made a typo in it.... serves me right for trying to multi-task with 23 tabs open in Firefox at the same time DUH Anyhoo, sorry I misunderstood your question.
keegan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one good program I almost forgot I had, damn you Mrs Peel and all your wonderful addons Laughing It's been hiding in my Control Panel all along.

This one has been updated to 2.1.283 as well. Don't rush it on my behalf though, you said you have 30 or so others to work on, I'm more interested to see what you've got in store for us Surprised
arco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks keegan (and Mrs Peel). I've never seen this addon before, but this looks very interesting,
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I actually said that I was not going to maintain this anymore, cos there are way too many updates and I am trying to get rid of all my "too frequently updated" addons because I'm not going to be around much when I've finished this batch of rebuilds as real life work commitments are starting to gooble up too much of my time again.

Luckily for y'all today, I needed some hands-on practice with using a new rick trick that I learned recently and this fixes some very messy workarounds that I had previously been using in the installation of this thing, so I would appreciate some feedback from peeps to let me know that this new installer and uninstaller works OK after my slightly radical rework of this addon.

Rebuilt from scratch, uninstaller included and y'all have to wait for Ryan to wake up and update this on the server....

Cheers

PS: If anybody wants to take over the future maintenance of this addon them please flick me a PM and I'll send you my template and source files for this Wink
keegan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I almost missed this update because you posted it so fast. I don't know if you've gotten the feedback you're looking for via PM or anything like that yet, but I'll go ahead and run a test build for my server which started acting up a little bit lately. I'm off work tonight so I got some free time.
keegan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the test build I made was screwed up..... but I'm quite sure it wasn't your addon, won't have time to retry it for a minute. Sorry to let you down Mrs.P Crying or Very sad
RickMckc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
msdemich

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
graves182

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mrs. Peel!
im-pulze

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link is dead can u update pls?
Zyx_Maiden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can read at the bottom of Mrs Peel addons page: http://mrspeel.nlitened.org/index.html Her addons are not available for the moment because of a server reorganization and addons updates. So be patients, someday those addons may be back on...
InFeKtioN

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad we let this one get away .... its a cpl addon also.

Crying or Very sad
Knowone

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, that one sounded superb.
newsposter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also obsolete.......
ccl0

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they should just lock all these topics by Mrs Peel. b/c i dont think she is coming back...
newsposter

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RyanVM.net Discussion Board Forum Index -> Update Pack Addons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: